Monday 6 May 2013

Equal opportunity God


“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made I the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” 
                           Psalms 139 :13-16
I am a number of months short of my sixtieth birthday. I have known the Lord as my personal Saviour for over forty-one years.
In that time I’ve seen a lot of garbage done in the name of God and it seems to be getting worse. Especially now in the age blogs and tweets and other social media.
The message of the church, the true church hasn’t changed.
It does however seem that many of the people who claim to be giving out that message have bent it to their way of thinking.
In Matthew seven Jesus makes it clear we are not to judge anyone, in Matthew 28:19,20 States
 “Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
This is the principle message of the church. To go into the world and introduce people to Jesus Christ and the saving grace that can only come from Him.
If one is to believe the first scriptures I quoted from Psalms 139 and I don’t know of any Christian who wouldn’t, then I would assume that God knew what we were going to be like before we were born.
God essentially read our genetic code. He knew if we were going to be tall or short. If we were to have blue eyes, green eyes or no eyes.
God knew beforehand if we were going to be gay or strait, white, black, or oriental.
He knew what “our normal” would be.
I live with Bi-polar affective disorder. I am not what some would call normal.
I get up every morning and thank God that my illness is in check enough that I didn’t do something stupid to myself the day before or during the night.
I have found there is no such thing as an “absolute normal”. We all live with our own normal.
And you know I don’t think God bothers about our “normal” he’s an equal opportunity God.  He calls to all men and women,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” 
                                                                                                         Matthew 11:28
It is my experience that we all have fallen short of what God wants for our life. That’s why God sent Jesus down to earth. That we may turn to him. Ask him to forgive our sins and come into our life. That we may be guaranteed Eternal life. Think about it.

No comments: