Friday 28 March 2014

He who loves me

He who love me

“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;  
and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 
“He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.  
Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward.  
And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.” 
                                                                         Matthew 10:37-42.
Jesus make it clear that he is to be first in our lives. That we must follow in his footsteps. He makes it clear that his disciples are part of his ministry and that whoever receives them receives him.
This is the same today. There is only two choices when it comes to Jesus to accept him or reject him.
It is the same for his disciples you can accept them or reject them.
Over the years I’ve met with many Christians who’s families and friends have sadly rejected them when they became Christians.
There however are rewards to accepting the followers of Christ. And by this I mean also the word they bring.
Receiving the word of God leads to eternal life.
Think about it.

No comments: