Thursday 1 September 2016

Many will say

Many will say
“Many will say to me  on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’  
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:22,23.
Let me make things clear from the start I am speaking to Christians here. Particularly North American Christians which is were I live.
To them I ask will you be one of the many who hear the words,
“I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”?
Are you truly living a life for God. Do you truly love God, your neighbour and your enemy?
Are you reaching out to all segments of society.
If you claim to be Christian would you ever be invited to the home of a Gay or Lesbian family? Would an abortionist welcome you into their home.
How do people truly see you?
Do people know you for what you are against, or what you are for?
What does your life truly reflect?
The apostle Paul tells us,
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”Romans 12:18.
The apostle Paul make it clear what the fruits of God’s spirit are when he writes,
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22,23.
Are these the traits people see in you?
The writer of Hebrews tells us,
“Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” Hebrews 12:14.
Are you living a life of Holiness before all men?
A life of holiness to me is a life filled with unconditional love.
It doesn’t consist of demonstrating against other lawful groups. It isn’t seeking to restrict the rights of those we disagree with that are lawful within the secular democracy in which we live.
A holy life is living a life Christ would be proud of. Love for God, for ones neighbours, even ones enemies.
This is the kind of life Jesus and the apostles lived. It is the kind of life we as Christians must live in 2016.
Please think about it.

No comments: