Monday 21 November 2016

Become

Become
The Apostle Paul states,
“To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.  
To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law.  
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.  
I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings”1Corinthians 9:20-23.
As a Christian are you all things to all people. By that I mean are you willing to meet the people you encounter where they are at?
Sadly all too many Christians do not meet people where they are at. Some simply cannot understand where non-Christians are coming from. I find this particularly with Christians who have grown up in the church. They know what I call “Church Speak”. They can function well in a Church they know what to say, when to say it and how to act. However they cannot relate to someone on the street or of another faith or lifestyle.
When they present their faith all too often they do just that they present their faith and don’t listen to the person they are presenting that faith to.
Christians need to educate themselves. Christians need to look at popular culture, what those of other lifestyles believe about themselves and about Christians.
We must follow the example of the apostle  Paul who said,
“ I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.  
I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.”
My question to you. If you claim to be a Christian, are you able to sit down with those of other faiths and lifestyles and present the Gospel of Christ to them without judgement. In a loving manner?
Please think about it.

No comments: