Saturday 16 June 2018

Post 1716

Post 1716
The other day it was pointed out to me that over the four plus years I’ve been writing my various blogs I’ve written 1715 of them. Put in perspective if they were weekly sermons it would have been 32 years of them.
My soul purpose in writing them is to tell anyone who will take the time to read them about my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
I do not expect everyone who reads them to agree with what I say. All I ask is that they at least take time to consider what I have expressed.
The way I see it Jesus is the most important person that ever lived. Napoleon the late emperor of France said of Jesus,
“I know men and I tell you, Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour, millions would die for him.”
“I search in vain history to find similar to Jesus Christ, or anything which can approach the gospel.  Neither history nor humanity, nor ages, nor nature, offer me anything with which I am able to compare it or to explain it. Here everything is extraordinary.” Napoleon Bonaparte.
Jesus is extraordinary because he is the Son of God. He is God incarnate. The Apostles Creed while not written by an apostle of Jesus expresses the core beliefs of all who would call themselves Christians it sates,
1.I believe in God the Father the almighty maker of heaven and earth
2. I believe in Jesus Christ God’s on and only Son, our Lord and Saviour.
3. I believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary
4. I believe Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate; That He was Crucified, died, was buried. That he descended in hell.
5. I believe He rose again on the third day from the dead.
6. I believe that he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
7. I believe Jesus will one day Judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Ghost
9. I believe in the Church which is the communion of the saints,
10. I believe in the forgiveness of sin.
11. I believe in the resurrection of the body.
12. I believe in life everlasting.
The apostel John writes,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men....
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ” John 1:1-4,14.
As strange and bizarre as it may seem to people, I and an estimated three billion Christian in the world today believe Jesus is God incarnate, God in the flesh. The Saviour of the world. Who will one day judge each and every individual.
The apostle John quotes Jesus speaking of him self, saying,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son”. John 3:16-18
The choice therefor is yours the reader. Is Jesus the Son of God, Saviour of mankind, or is he not. Please take time to read the New Testament and see what the early believers in Christ believed for yourself.
For I believe what C. S. Lewis once said about Jesus,
“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” C. S. Lewis.
Please think about it.

No comments: