Sunday 23 September 2018

To be Christian

To be Christian
Someone once said to me the basics for being a Christian is believing in the Saving grace of  Christ Jesus. Believing that He is the Son of God, the Saviour of Mankind and accepting Jesus as your personal Saviour.
He noted that the nuts and bolts so to speak of what we believe as Christians is stated in the Apostles creed that states,
1.I believe in God the Father the almighty maker of heaven and earth
2. I believe in Jesus Christ God’s on and only Son, our Lord and Saviour.
3. I believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary
4. I believe Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate; That He was Crucified, died, was buried. That he descended in hell.
5. I believe He rose again on the third day from the dead.
6. I believe that he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
7. I believe Jesus will one day Judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Ghost
9. I believe in the Church which is the communion of the saints,
10. I believe in the forgiveness of sin.
11. I believe in the resurrection of the body.
12. I believe in life everlasting.
All of that is true but it’s not all there is. Being a Christian a follower of Christ Jesus a lifestyle. It is putting the teachings of Jesus into action in our lives daily.
The means loving God, our neighbour, and even our enemy unconditionally. It means praying for our persecutors. It means following the words of Jesus who said,
“Do to others as you would have them do to you. 
                                                                    Luke 6:31.  
It means exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit. The apostle Paul telling us,
"But the fruit of the Spirit is 
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, 
goodness, faithfulness,  
gentleness and self-control. 
Against such things there is no law."  
                                       Galatians 5:22,23.
This in a nutshell is what it is to be a true follower of Jesus Christ.
Please think about it.

No comments: