Thursday 12 December 2019

You and God

You and God
The Prophet Isaiah wrote,
“A voice says, “Cry out.” And I said, “What shall I cry?” 
“All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. 
The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the LORD blows on them. Surely the people are grass. 
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.”Isaiah 40:6-8.
Over the years I’ve met people who have said Christianity will die out. That belief has been around for centuries. And yet here we are in the twenty-first century and people still believe in Christ Jesus. Not only that people are willing to lay down their life for what they believe.
There is a poem that goes,
“Last eve I passed beside a blacksmith's door,
And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
Then looking in I saw upon the floor
Old hammers, worn with beating of time

"How many anvils have you had said I, 
"To wear and batter all these hammers so?"
"Just one" said he, and then, with twinkling eye,
"the anvil wears the hammers out, you know."

And so, thought I, the anvil of God's word,
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon;
Yet though the noise of falling blows was heard,
The anvil is unharmed- the hammers gone."
                                                              Anonymous.
Thus the question I have for you is. Do you believe in God? Do you believe in the salvation that comes through belief in Christ Jesus?
I ask it because as far as I am concerned believing in God, believing in Christ Jesus is the most important thing a person can do.
C. S. Lewis said,
“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” C. S. Lewis.
Belief in God is however is a very personal thing. Only you know what your relationship to God is.
So what is your relationship with God?
Please think about it.

No comments: