Wednesday 17 June 2020

I will extol The Lord

I will Extol The Lord
The Psalmist writes,
"I will extol the LORD at all times; 
his praise will always be on my lips. 
My soul will boast in the LORD; 
let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 
Glorify the LORD with me; 
let us exalt his name together." 
                                                  Psalm 34:1-3.
If you consider yourself a Christian do you lift up Gods name at all times? Do you praise Him enthusiastically?
Do you praise the Lord in your troubles?
We don’t praise God because we are having afflictions. Rather we praise God because we know that he will bring us through our troubles.
The book of Acts tells us of a time when Paul and Silas were in prison. It states,
"About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25.
I’m sure they weren’t praising God because of the bad situation they were in. They were praising God for who He is, knowing that no matter what we go through God was there for them.
Thus my question to anyone who considers themselves a Christian, a true believer in Christ Jesus; do you praise the Lord at all times?
Please think about it. 

No comments: