Saturday 25 December 2021

Glorify and Praise

Glorify and Praise

Lukes gospel records Mary as glorifying God for the blessing He has given her to bear His one and Only Son,

"And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name. His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. Luke 1:46-50.

Christmas is one of the holiest days of the year for Christians. A time for praising God for the gift of His one and Only Son Christ Jesus.

It is a time when we can rejoice with the Psalmist who wrote,

"I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. 

My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together."

                                                                                           Psalm 34:1-3.

If you truly believe in Christ Jesus, will you take some time this Christmas day to glorify and praise God for sending His Son into the world?

Please think about it.

No comments: