Friday 8 July 2022

Making the right decision

  Making the right decision. 

Jesus said,

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets" Matthew 7:12.

The Eleven O Clock Parable

It's eleven o clock. Inside the court house a judge is about to make his ruling. A community,... a nation, awaits. 

Will the new law be legal? 

Outside the court house men and women with placards chant. 

On one side of the street stand a group of gay men and women. All in favour of the new law.

On the other side of the street separated by a line of police stand radical evangelicals, denouncing the new law.

One man among them screams angrily . "HOMOSEXUALS ARE GOING TO HELL!!!"

Approached by the media he says it again, "homosexuals are going to Hell." 

From my office window I watch asking myself the question, ‘is this man a Christian?"

Is he treating others the way he would like to be treated?

Wasn't it Christ who told us not only to love our neighbour, but our enemy also?

Wasn't it Jesus who told us not to judge, lest we be judged likewise?

Wasn’t it Christ who said,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16,17.  

Is this man and those who agree with him showing Gods love?

Can they be effective in reaching the whole world for Christ, of which a percentage are homosexual?

Are they truly Christian?

A question keeps rolling through my mind for which I know the answer, "Can we truly know what is in someone else's head?

Do we really know why a person is like they are?"

For a moment I stare down at the crowd. All the time asking myself who is on the way to Hell this day, and how can I reach them for my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ?

Turning away from my window I kneel down and pray, "Lord guide me this day. Let me make the right decision on this law."

I personally believe this judge if he was truly a believer in Christ Jesus, made the right decision. Even if the radical evangelicals didn’t agree with it. What do you think?

Please think about it.

No comments: