Friday 10 February 2023

Words from Job

  Words from Job

"Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;..."

                                                                Job 13:15a.

We have just come through the what was probably the worst pandemics in human history. Perhaps the only difference between the Covid pandemic and others is that when it hit we had the scientific know how to create a vaccine that saved lives.

Some would say why would God allow at the very least allow those who believe in Him to go through it. My answer is simple I don’t know. I do know however that the apostle Paul who went through a lot of hardships, tells me,

"And we know all things work together for good 

to those who love God 

to those who are called according to His purpose." 

                                                                          Romans 8:28.

  Jesus never promised his followers they would never suffer he even said,

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  

Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Matthew 5:11,12.

All I can do is quote from the book of Hebrews,

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for 

and certain of what we do not see."  

                                                                      Hebrews 11:1.

That I believe is what Job believed when he said,

"Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;..."

                                                                Job 13:15a.

Job believed in God even in his darkest time. Do you have the same faith remembering that in the book of Hebrews it says,

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, 

because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists 

and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." 

                                                                                          Hebrews 11:6

Please think about it.

No comments: