Sunday 3 March 2024

I have not seen God but...

  I have not seen God but...

The Psalmist writes,

“The heavens declare the glory of God; 

the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” 

                                                   Psalm 19:1.

I am an unabashed creationist. I believe God created the heavens and the earth. Whether that took millions of years and started with the big bang is unimportant. God is God and He could have done it either way.

Ben Zion Bokser wrote,

“I have not seen the robin but I know he is there because I heard him singing through my window from the tree-top outside.

I have not seen God.  But I have looked at my child’s eyes, and have been overwhelmed by the miracle of unfolding life.

I have watched the trees bedeck themselves with new garbs of green in the spring, and have been stirred by the miracle of continual rebirth.

I have looked at the stars, and have been overcome by the miracle of the grandeur and majesty of the universe.

I know that God exists, because I have heard the song of His presence from all the tree-tops of creation.” Ben Zion Bokser.

To my mind the earth and indeed the universe is fine tuned so that like as we know it can exist and the one that fine tuned the universe is God.

Please think about it.

No comments: