Wednesday 14 August 2024

We must look at their life

  We must look at their life

Jesus said,

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’  

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:21-23.

I live in North America were many say they are Christians but they are not. This I know can be confusing for non-Christians. After all anyone calling themselves a Christian is a Christian to them.

At the same time I believe there are many calling themselves Christian who are misled by the pastor, evangelist or teacher they are following. Something that can have eternal consequences.

I believe the best way to tell a true Christian is to look at their life and lifestyle.

In the book of Galatians we read,

“The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:19-23. 

I firmly believe that we should not believe someone is a Christian simply because they say they are. We must look at their life. We must look to see if they exhibit the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

Please think about it.

No comments: