Saturday 22 July 2017

Something to Consider

Something to consider
Job looked up into the heavens somewhere around the tenth century BC and noted,
“He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.” 
                           Job 26:7
Thousands of years later the crew of Apollo 17 took the picture above proving Job was right.
Someone has said,
“The Earth is if you will a self sufficient organic extremely complex spacecraft. It is orbiting the sun at 250km/second. The sun is moving around the centre of the universe at 660km/second. All of this including its exact positioning in the universe make it possible for life to exist as we know it.” 
That to me speaks to the fact there is a creator behind everything.
The book of Genesis states,
In the beginning God created
 the heavens and the earth.” 
                             Genesis 1:1
The Psalmist writes,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” 
                                            Psalm 19:1.
Everything from the smallest subatomic particle to the largest galaxy has its place in the Universe so that life can exist on this planet.
Scientist tell us that just a little closer to the sun or a little further away and life would not exist as we know it.
Someone once asked me if I believed if there is life on other planets. I replied I don’t know. However even if there were it would not affect my belief in God.
I believe God exists it’s that simple. If I am wrong I have nothing to fear. I have simply led a good life by following Him.
If on the other hand I am right those who do not believe in God have much to fear.
What do you believe?
Please think about it.

No comments: