Wednesday 13 September 2017

God Knows who you are

God Knows who you are
the Psalmist writes,
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16
For many years I had the above quote from Psalm 139 in the front of my Bible. It reminds me that God knows my very being. It tells me if you will that God knows my DNA. He knows why I am the way that I am.
It also reminds me that because God knows me that intimately only He has the right to judge me. No one else.
For me one thing that upsets me is when someone calling themselves Christians judge others especially when it come to where they will spend eternity.
Tony Campolo the American evangelist said,
“We ought to get out of the judging business. We should leave it up to God to determine who belongs in one arena or another when it comes to eternity. What we are obligated to do is to tell people about Jesus, and that's what I do.” Tony Campolo.
Jesus makes it clear when he said,
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1,2.
It is something we as believers should be following.
The apostle Paul tells believers in Christ,
“What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?  
God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.” 1 Corinthians 5:12,13.
We as believers in Christ must remember this. We are allowed to Judge those inside the church but only with respect to making sure they are teaching sound doctrine.
We still have no right even within our churches to say where a person will spend eternity. That is entirely up to God.
Our principle purpose on this earth as believers in Christ Jesus is to present the good news of Jesus to every person who will listen to us.
We cannot do that if we are judging them.
Please think about it.

No comments: