Sunday 10 September 2017

If I have not Love

If I have not Love
The apostle Paul wrote,
“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, 
but have not love, 
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
 and if I have a faith that can move mountains, 
but have not love, 
I am nothing.  
If I give all I possess to the poor 
and surrender my body to the flames, 
but have not love, 
I gain nothing.” 
                                                                   1 Corinthians 13:1-3.
“Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.  
Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.” 1 Peter 2:11,12.
John Wesley the great evangelist said,
“Do all the good you can,
By any means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.”
                            John Wesley.
Do you do all the good you can. Do you show unconditional love to those around you? If you claim to be a Christian you can do no less.
Please think about it.

No comments: