Sunday 22 April 2018

Christian?

Christian?
Jesus said,
“Many will say to me  on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’  
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:22,23.
Not everyone who says they are Christian is a follower of Christ Jesus. Just because someone goes to church does not make them a true follower of Christ. Just because someone is a minister or speaks from the pulpit be it in a church or in the media does not make them a true follower of Christ.
As I quoted Jesus saying,
“Many will say to me  on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’  
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:22,23.
Living in North America I see many people in the media and in church, who call themselves Christians but are not. A quick look at what they teach shows they are not true followers. A quick look at their lives shows they are far from Christ.
They may claim they are prophesying, driving out demons and performing miracles but are they really?
It’s hard to tell if such things are truly happening especially through the lense of the media. The media be it the internet, television or radio can hid the truth.
I always say while the media is a good way to proclaim the message of Christ Jesus one should always be careful. There are a lot of false teachers out there.
I believe it is imperative that first of all, all believers in Christ pray and read the Bible for themselves. To ask God for guidance and show them the truth.
I believe also it is equally imperative that all believers in Christ Jesus should be a part of a church congregation near where they live. This way you get to know who the pastor and teachers within the congregation are. You see their lives and see if they are truly following the teachings of Christ Jesus in word as well as in deed.
Please think about it.

No comments: