Sunday 1 April 2018

He is Risen

He is Risen!
He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:  
‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” Luke 24:6-7.
Of all the things believers in Christ Jesus believe the resurrection from the dead is perhaps the most controversial. Even when the apostle Paul presented this to the learned men in Athens some sneered and didn’t believe. Still Christians believe it to be completely true.
As today is Easter Sunday. The day we believers in Christ Jesus celebrate Christ’s resurrection. I thought it appropriate to tell in a nutshell what Christians believe.
The Apostles Creed while not written by an apostle of Jesus, lists in brief the core beliefs of all Christians. I place it here for you the reader to consider. It states,
1.I believe in God the Father the almighty maker of heaven and earth
2. I believe in Jesus Christ God’s one and only Son, our Lord and Saviour.
3. I believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary
4. I believe Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate; That He was Crucified, died, was buried. That he descended in hell.
5. I believe He rose again on the third day from the dead.
6. I believe that he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
7. I believe Jesus will one day Judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Ghost
9. I believe in the Church which is the communion of the saints,
10. I believe in the forgiveness of sin.
11. I believe in the resurrection of the body.
12. I believe in life everlasting.
The apostle John wrote this about Jesus, he said,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men....  
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.  
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. 
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”John1:1-4,11-14
Do you believe this?
Please think about it.

No comments: