Thursday 4 October 2018

No right

No right
The Psalmist writes,
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16.
This is one of my favourite scripture quotes. It tells me God has known me from the moment of conception.
It tells me I am unique and wonderfully made.
Above all it tells me God knows why I am the way I am. Something no individual in this world can say. Thus to my way of thinking no one has the right to judge me. Nor do I have the right to judge anyone else. Even Jesus said,
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”Matthew 7:1,2.
As a believer in Christ Jesus I take Jesus admonition not to judge others to heart, for the simple reason I have no idea what makes a person the way they are.
My job as a believer in Christ is to love. Jesus when asked,
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 
Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’  
This is the first and greatest commandment.  
And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’  
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40
Matthews gospel also records Jesus as saying,
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’  
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,...” Matthew 5:43,44.
This is what I as a believer in Christ Jesus must do, love unconditionally.
Billy Graham perhaps one of the greatest evangelist at least of my generation said,
“It is the Holy Spirits Job to Convict, 
God’s job to judge
 and my job to love,” 
                       Billy Graham.
If you claim to be a believer in Christ Jesus do you truly love?
Please think about it.

No comments: