Thursday 1 November 2018

You and Jesus

You and Jesus
Jesus said,
“Then Jesus cried out, 
“When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only,
 but in the one who sent me.  
When he looks at me, 
he sees the one who sent me.  
I have come into the world as a light,
 so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. 
“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, 
I do not judge him.
 For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.  
There is a judge for the one who rejects me 
and does not accept my words;
 that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.”
                                                                           John 12:44-48.
Prior to this John’s gospel records Jesus, speaking of himself as saying,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son”. John 3:16-18.
When one is presented with the message of Jesus, one is given a choice. The individual can either believe what is said about him, or you can reject what is said. The choice is always in the hands of the individual.
No true believer in Christ Jesus will ever try to force anyone into believing what they believe.
God has given each person a free will to do what they wish. Thus dear reader the choice is yours.
What do you believe about Jesus?
Please think about it.

No comments: