Wednesday 19 December 2018

You Decide

You decide
 “Look deep into nature,
 and then you will understand everything better.”
                                                                  Albert Einstein.
I believe Einstein was right. The more we study nature the better our understanding of everything and that includes God.
The Psalmist wrote,
“The heavens declare the glory of God;
 the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
Day after day they pour forth speech; 
night after night they display knowledge. 
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.”
                                                                                         Psalm 19:1-3
I am a creationist. I make no apologies for what I believe. I however don’t really care if God used the big bang theory to create the universe or some other way. I don’t really care whether it took six billion years or six days to get us to where we are today.
What is important to me is that there is a God who loves us. That life is not finite. Limited to this life.   
For me this life is a proving ground if you will. It is here that God gives us a chance to follow Him or reject Him.
He has written on our hearts what is right and wrong. He has planted in all people I believe a need to make sense out of life and to seek Him.
The writer of Ecclesiastes wrote,
“What does the worker gain from his toil?  
I have seen the burden God has laid on men.  
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  
I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.  
That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.  
I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him. 
Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account. 
And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment—wickedness was there, in the place of justice—wickedness was there. 
I thought in my heart, “God will bring to judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time for every deed....” Ecclesiastes 3:9-17
The writer of Ecclesiastes go’s on to say,
“Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole  duty  of man. 
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.” Ecclesiastes12:13,14.
This is what I believe.
That being said, I cannot nor will I force my ideas on anyone. I do however believe it is my duty to God to present my beliefs to anyone who is willing to listen to me.
I firmly believe that each person should read the Bible for themselves and make their own conclusions with respect to God, Jesus Christ, and eternity. 
I believe what C. S. Lewis when he wrote,
“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”C. S. Lewis.
This is what each individual when presented with Christ must decide for themselves.
Please think about it.

No comments: