Thursday 17 January 2019

Your Journey

Your Journey
The Psalmist writes,
"Where can I go from your Spirit?  
Where can I flee from Your presence?  
If I go up to the heavens, 
You are there; 
if I make my bed in the depth,
 You are there. 
 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
even there Your hand will guide me.  
Your right hand will hold me fast."
                                                                               Psalm 139:7-10
C. S. Lewis put it this way,
“We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God.” 
                                                                                                    C.S.Lewis.
Do you believe in God? Perhaps a better question is, Are you willing to risk your eternal resting place on what you believe?
From the moment we are born we start a journey toward eternity. I believe that throughout that journey God places sign posts directing us to him. All we have to do is read them correctly and do what they say. If we do not we are bound for destruction.
The following is from a book called Images I place it hear for you to think about,
                                                        Ticket”

                                                      “Where am I?
                                                        What, am...
                                                       I doing here?”

                                                       “You are her.”
                                                    Says the Conductor.
                                                    “Your ticket please.”

                                                     “I bought no ticket.
                                                       I took no ride.
                                                         Where am I?”

      “Your ride is over, You are here.      All take the ride.
        Your ticket’s paid for, says the Conductor    You are here.
       Your ticket please, Please your ticket.   Your ticket. Please


                                 “I took no ride!
                                                    Where am I?
                                                  I demand to know!

                                                         I took no...
                                                           ride...?
                                                           Am I...?”

                                                        “You are here.
                                                        All take the ride.
                                                      The ticket paid for,
                                                         With My blood.

                                                          “I am here...
                                                       I have no ticket...
                                                          And you are...”

                                                              “Jesus.”
John’s Gospel records,
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
Jesus speaking of himself said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son”. John 3:16-18.
The choice is yours. You are on a journey into eternity. Where will you spend it.
Please think about it.

No comments: