Friday 27 September 2019

Narrow is the Road

Narrow is the road
John’s gospel records Jesus as saying,
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6.
I’ve heard many non-Christians say there are many ways to heaven. The question I would ask is, are there?
What if as Christians believe there is only one way to heaven, that being through Jesus?
Jesus said,
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13,14.
It to my way of thinking is logical that God would make a single road to heaven. A road that I believe is through Jesus Christ.
The way I see it is if I and other Christians like me are wrong then we have nothing to fear by following the teachings of Jesus, because in doing so we will have lived a good life.
C. S. Lewis said,
“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” C. S. Lewis.
I believe it is of infinite importance.
What do you think?
Please think about it.

No comments: