Friday 14 February 2020

Only God Can

Only God Can
The psalmist writes,
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16.
Here is a very simple statement. God knows us intimately. He knew us in our mothers womb. He knit us together in our mothers womb. He knows our DNA.
It is for that reason and that reason alone that only God can judge us.
Jesus said,
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”Matthew 7:1,2
The apostle Paul wrote,
"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?" 1 Corinthians 5:12.
As Christians, as believers in Christ Jesus we must obey these words. We do not know what goes on inside a persons mind. We do not know what makes a person the way they are. Thus we have no right to judge them. That is especially true when it comes to where they will spend eternity.
Paul tells us we are to judge those inside the church. But even then I believe we can only judge people inside the church to see if they are teaching sound doctrine.
We have no right to tell anyone where they will spend eternity. That is between God and the individual.
The job of the Christian is simple Jesus said,
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”Matthew 28:18-20.
So the question I would ask is; if you consider yourself a Christian a follower of Christ Jesus, are you obeying what God is telling us through these verses of scripture?
Please think about it.

No comments: