Saturday 19 September 2020

Rest

 Rest

The Psalmist writes,

“I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”Psalm 16:2.

As I look back on the six plus decades of my life, I can honestly say the best decision I have ever made in my life is to follow Jesus.

I have been through many triumphs, and sadly many tragedies, in my life and through it all God has been there for me. Had He not been there for me, my life may have been much shorter. And I know others who can say the same thing.

It all comes down to what I learned as a new Christian. The pastor I had at the time pointed me to the words of Jesus recorded in Matthew chapter six that reads,

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33,34.

And to the word of Jesus in Matthew chapter eleven that reads,

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30.

I have found over the years that no matter how good or how bad the situation is, God is there for me. As He is for anyone who sincerely calls on Him.

Please think about it. 

No comments: