Monday 2 August 2021

No souls won

  No souls won

The apostle Paul writes,

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."1 Corinthians 13:1-3

In this blog I’m talking mainly to Christians in North America where I live. I firmly believe many who call themselves Christians don’t listen to those around them. There is especially a lack of love and respect toward those with whom they disagree. 

Too many who call themselves Christians criticize those they disagree with, calling them sinful, judging their lifestyle. Jesus never did this.

Jesus was accused by the religious leaders of sitting down with sinners. Something I don’t think would have happened if Jesus criticized and judged those He was sitting with.

When I talk to non-Christians, I hear time and time again. Christians judge them and don’t love them. That Christians don’t listen to them.

I think that Christians need to take a look at themselves. They need to listen to their critics and see how they can show the Love of Christ towards those they disagree with. 

For if this does not happen no souls will be won for Christ.

Please think about it.

No comments: