Sunday 28 November 2021

Yes or No?

 Yes or No?

The Psalmist writes,

"The fool says in his heart,

 "There is no God." 

                                 Psalm 14:1.

The Bible doesn’t debate the existence of God. It was written to believers and believers need no explanation. The Bible does however make some blunt statements about God and individuals. An excellent example being here in Psalm 14:1. 

Whether you believe the statements, the Bible in general, or that God exists is entirely up to you. God never forces you to believe anything. After all he gave you a freewill to do as you wish and that includes believing in Him.

When it comes to believing in God however C. S. Lewis makes this point.

"Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when two atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product the sensation I call thought. But if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. 

But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheist or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God" C. S. Lewis The case for Christianity. 

Ultimately the choice to follow God is up to you. God will never impose himself upon you nor should anyone who believes in Him. 

Each individual is endowed by God with a freewill to believe and do as they wish. Thus the Choice is yours. 

Do you believe in God yes or no?

Please think about it.

No comments: