Thursday 24 February 2022

 Fixed on Jesus

The writer of Hebrews said,

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" Hebrews 12:2.

Here is a simple admonition from the writer of the book of Hebrews to all who believe in Christ Jesus. 

We are to keep our eyes on Jesus.

That to me means following His teachings and example. That at times may mean we will have to endure hardships. It may mean those around us will call our following Jesus shameful.

Ultimately however we will be able to say as the apostle Paul wrote,

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure.  

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:6-8.

Paul from the day of his conversion until the day he died, no matter what circumstance he was in good or bad, in prison or free, kept his eyes firmly fixed on Jesus.

If you truly believe in Christ Jesus, can you say that also?

Please think about it.

No comments: