Saturday 29 October 2022

An Unmerciful act

  An unmerciful act

Jesus said,

“Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” Luke 6:36.

I am not a fan of the so called “hellfire and brimstone” preachers. I find their tactics may work well among believers. Although that’s up for debate.

That being said I believe the most unmerciful act a Christian can do is telling someone they are on the way to Hell. Simply because it makes them defensive and can push them away from God

Billy Graham once said,

“It is the Holy Spirits Job to Convict, 

God's job to judge

 and my job to love,” 

                              Billy Graham.

Another American Evangelist Tony Campolo said,

"We ought to get out of the judging business. We should leave it up to God to determine who belongs in one arena or another when it comes to eternity. What we are obligated to do is to tell people about Jesus, and that's what I do." Tony Campolo.

If you claim to be a Christian do you show mercy to those your witnessing to?

By showing mercy I mean presenting the Salvation message of Christ Jesus in a positive and precise way without judgement?

Please think about it.

No comments: