Sunday 27 November 2022

Intimate Knowledge

  Intimate knowledge

The Psalmist writes,

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16.

These words from the Psalmist says it all. God has intimate knowledge down to our very DNA. He knows why we are the way we are. That is why God and God alone is the only one who can judge us.

As believers in Christ Jesus we are not allowed to judge others. Jesus said,

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37.

Sadly too many who claim to be Christians are in the judgement business. They see others of different faiths and lifestyle and immediately condemn them. This should not be so.

The American evangelist Tony Campolo rightly said,

"We ought to get out of the judging business. We should leave it up to God to determine who belongs in one arena or another when it comes to eternity. What we are obligated to do is to tell people about Jesus, and that's what I do." Tony Campolo.

You will never win a soul for Christ if you judge them or others. It is our duty as believers in Christ Jesus to love as Jesus did, unconditionally. Only then can we even think of winning souls for Christ.

Please think about it.

No comments: