Sunday 16 July 2023

Belief in Christ

 Belief in Christ

The Psalmist writes,

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 

If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.” Psalm 139:7-12.

Like it or not. Whether you believe in God or not. God is omnipresent. We cannot hide from God. That being said we have no need to fear Gods presence as long as we believe in Him. As long as we believe in Christ Jesus we know we will have a home in Heaven.

In the apostle John’s gospel we read this conversation between Jesus and Martha,

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;  and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

"Yes Lord" she told Him, "I believe you are the Christ the Son of God, who was to come into the world," John 11:25,26,27.

The question thus becomes do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

Please think about it.

No comments: