Wednesday 9 August 2023

What makes you a Christian?

 What makes  you a Christian?

“To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. Jude 1:24,25.

Are you a Christian? 

The Christian world is full of denominations. According to the Centre for the Study of Global Christianity, there are as many as 45,000 Christian denominations world wide.

That being said what makes a true Christian. While there are many minor differences in what Christians believe. Differences that don’t really matter when it comes to salvation. There are core beliefs that cannot be compromised. For without these core beliefs you cannot call yourself a Christian.

These core beliefs I believe are summed up in the Apostles Creed. That while not written by one of Jesus’ apostles they still are the core that make up Christianity. 

The apostles creed states,

1.I believe in God the Father the almighty maker of heaven and earth

2. I believe in Jesus Christ God's on and only Son, our Lord and Saviour.

3. I believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary

4. I believe Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate; That He was Crucified, died, was buried. That he descended in hell.

5. I believe He rose again on the third day from the dead.

6. I believe that he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty.

7. I believe Jesus will one day Judge the living and the dead.

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost

9. I believe in the Church which is the communion of the saints,

10. I believe in the forgiveness of sin.

11. I believe in the resurrection of the body.

12. I believe in life everlasting.

If you claim to be a Christian is this what you believe in?

Please think about it.

No comments: