Friday 3 November 2023

What is truth?

   What is truth?

In the gospel of John we read of Jesus standing before Pilatet to be judged. After a brief interchange with Jesus. Where upon he finds him not guilty of the charges against him Pilate asks...

"What is truth?..."John 18:38a.

It is a question we, when confronted with the story of Jesus must ask. Is what Jesus is saying truth or a lie?

The crowd that day that also included the religious leaders, didn’t want to here the truth. They wanted to put Jesus to death.

John records in Chapter 19: 1-16 that Pilate tried several more times to prevent the crucifixion of Jesus. All to no avail. Thus not wanting a rebellion on his hands he turned Jesus over to his persecutors to be put to death.

In the twenty-first century no matter where we live in the world we must decide for ourselves who Jesus is.

We must decide if Jesus is lying or not when He is recorded as saying,

"I and the Father are one." John 10:30.

We must ask ourselves is what Jesus states in John 14:8-10  true or not...

“Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." 

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? 

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father'?  

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.  John 14:8-10.

We must ask ourselves if what Jesus said to Thomas is true,

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 

So who do you believe Jesus is?

Please think about it.

No comments: