Saturday 18 May 2024

Present the Gospel

 Present the Gospel

The Psalmist writes,

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; 

before the "gods" I will sing your praise.” 

                                                                       Psalm 138:1.

Our world has many gods. According to the Pew Research Centre, in 2010 about 5.8 billion people 84% of the worlds population were religiously affiliated. While 1.1 billion, or 16% have no affiliation. 

In addition to this I think you can call materialism a god many worship without realizing it. 

A god by my way of thinking is something or someone who is placed above all else. In the context of materialism that means seeking wealth and the status it brings at any cost.

Having said all of this. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS THE CHRISTIANS RESPONSIBILITY TO DENIGRATE OR PUT DOWN IN ANY WAY OTHER FAITHS.

It is the Christians job to praise the LORD God Almighty before the world.

Jesus said,

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20.

Jesus did not tell His followers to judge the world. Quite the contrary Jesus said,

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1

As believers in Christ Jesus we are to present the gospel message to anyone who will listen. Then let them decide if we are right of wrong.

Please think about it.

No comments: