In the Gospel of John Jesus is recorded as saying,
“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:4,5.
Here is the simple explanation.
In order for the Christian to bear fruit we must abide in Jesus. A relationship characterized by trust, prayer, obedience and joy.
Without abiding in Jesus we cannot do anything of eternal value. I would go as far as to say, a person who is not in a right relationship with Christ Jesus, is not a Christian at all.
So the question remains, are you in a right relationship with Jesus?
Please think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment