Saturday, 3 October 2026

Calling on the name of the Lord

  Calling on the name of the Lord

“Better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for all are destined to be mourned; the living should lay this to heart.” Ecclesiastes 7:2.

I would guess that most people never think about their mortality or where they will spend eternity. 

In the book of acts we read about Paul speaking to his jailor it reads,

“The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas.  

He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 

They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household." Acts 16:30,31.

Paul writing to the Romans wrote,

“...Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13.

Have you called on the name of the Lord?

Do you believe Jesus died for your sins?

Have you accepted Christ as your Lord and saviour?

If not here is a simple pray you can say.

Dear Heavenly Father

I know that I am a sinner in need of your saving grace. I believe that Jesus prayed the price for my sins. Please come into my life today. Guide me and lead me from this day on.                                                                      Amen

If you haven’t accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour...

Please think about it.

No comments: