Sunday 5 January 2014

God Knows

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” 
                                                                           Psalm 139:13-16

The psalmist makes it clear here that God knows us from our mothers womb. He knows our very genetic make up. It is he who ordained all the days that we have to live.
We may not know the day of our departure from this world but God does. As a result he gives every man woman and child on this earth every opportunity to meet him on a personal level.
Throughout our lives we have a choice as to what we will do with our life. We have a choice as to whether or not we want to follow God.
God understands what it is to be a man. That’s why Jesus came to this world. To experience all that it is to be human from the best things in life such as celebrating at someone’s wedding to suffering the agony of a crucifixion for a crime he didn’t commit.
It is precisely because he understands that he sent Jesus into this world to offer us salvation.
He understands that life can be hard. That all people question at some point in their life, what is life all about and he gives an answer.
His call to all mankind is  
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” 
                        Matthew 11:28,29
I believe firmly in what Jesus said as recorded in Matthew,
...the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father....”
                                                       Matthew 13:43a
The choice as to whether you shine with the righteous or not is entirely up to you the individual.
We are given one life, and the ultimate statistic tells us we will not get out of it alive.
The choice then is yours where will you spend eternity?

No comments: