Wednesday 22 October 2014

Let Love

Let Love
“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. 
Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” 
                                                                                      Proverbs 3:3,4.
What amazing words no matter what you believe I think you can say these words are very true.
Someone showing true love cannot help winning favour in the sight of all people. Only someone with a twisted mind would turn against someone showing true love toward them.
The Apostle Paul writes,
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails....
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”  
                                                                                            1 Corinthians 13:4-8a,13
The kind of love described by Paul when writing to the Corinthians is precisely the kind of Love God wants true believers to show to all they come in contact with.
Back in the late sixties there was a musical that came out called Goodby Mr. Chips. The words to it’s theme tune while not from the Bible express what we as individuals should be doing.  

In the Morning of My Life

In the morning of my life
I will look to the Sunrise
At a moment in my life 
When the world is new.

And the Question
I shall ask only God can answer.
Will I be brave and strong and true,
Will I fill the world with love my whole life through?
Will I fill the world with love my whole life through?

In the evening of my life
I will look to the sunset
At a moment in my life 
When my life is through.

And the question I shall ask only I can answer 
Was I brave and strong and true.
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
                                                                                                        By Leslie Bricusse
                                                                                              From the Musical Good by Mr Chips

When you day come to stand before God will you be able to say you “I filled the world with Love my whole life through”?
Think about it

No comments: