Sunday 5 July 2015

Jesus and Judgement

Jesus and judgement

“Then Jesus cried out, “When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.  
When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me.  
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. 
“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.  
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.”
                                                   John 12:44-48.
Notice to Christians the above scripture makes it clear that while on this earth the job of Jesus was to save the world not judge it. He makes it clear in John12:48 that people who reject him on the last day will be judged. The last day has however not arrived.
Jesus said,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
John 3:16,17.
Jesus came into the world to save the lost. It is our job to continue that work. Jesus said,
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 
                                        Matthew 28:18-20
The teaching of Jesus was to Love God, Love your neighbour, Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you.
The apostle Paul wrote of Love,
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails....
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”  
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a,13.
Take a look at the above,
Love is patient, love is kind. 
Is that your kind of love?
Love does not envy, it dose not boast. it is not proud, 
Is that your kind of love?
It is not rude, it is not self seeking.
 Is that your kind of love?
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
 Is that your kind of Love?
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
Is that your kind of Love?
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes always perseveres.
 Is that your kind of Love?
Love never fails. 
Is that your kind of Love?
Are you showing the greatest thing you can, Love to your fellow man?
Christian you must love even those you disagree with. It is the only way to reach the world for Christ.
Tony Campolo the American Evangelist said,
“These issues are biblical issues: to care for the sick, to feed the hungry, to stand up for the oppressed. I contend that if the evangelical community became more biblical, everything would change.”
          Tony Campolo
I like what Tony Campolo said. We should be feeding the hungry, caring for the sick and standing up for the oppressed.
We should be standing up for the freedoms of all those around us, for to restrict the freedoms of others will ultimately see our own freedoms restricted. It’s all apart of loving our neighbour.
Martin Niemoller a German Christian and anti Nazi during world war two wrote,
“When they came for the Communists, I did not stand up, because I was not a Communist. When they came for the Jews, I did not stand up, because I was not Jewish. When they came for the Catholics, I did not stand up, because I was not a Catholic. When they came for me, there was no one left to stand”
            Martin Niemoller
Dear Christian
It is your job to Love your neighbour no matter who they are. It is your job to present and not force the Gospel of Christ on people. That is the calling of Christ.
Remember your actions just might determine the eternal resting place of those you come in contact with.
Please think carefully about it.

No comments: