Wednesday 5 August 2015

There is a God

There is a God
Ben Zion Bokser wrote,
“I have not seen the robin but I know he is there because I heard him singing through my window from the tree-top outside.
I have not seen God.  But I have looked at my child’s eyes, and have been overwhelmed by the miracle of unfolding life.
I have watched the trees bedeck themselves with new garbs of green in the spring, and have been stirred by the miracle of continual rebirth.
I have looked at the stars, and have been overcome by the miracle of the grandeur and majesty of the universe.
I know that God exists, because I have heard the song of His presence from all the tree-tops of creation.”
                     Ben Zion Bokser
Not believing in God is a right God gave to all mankind. God in creating mankind with a freewill gave man a choice to believe what he wished. Even if what he believes is not true. That is the nature of freedom. One of the tenants of true freedom is to believe as you wish.
For me however if there is no God there is no meaning in life. The poet wrote,
Where

Where are the people?
Where?

Are they but shadows in the mall?
Are they?

Are they shadows in time,
Shadows wandering,
 Collecting the latest trinkets, bobbles or beads.

What is life?
What?

Is life but a wisp of smoke carried in the air?
A wisp in the eternal aether 

Are people wisps?

What of man’s, or woman’s! accomplishments?
What of them?

Is the sum total of all ones life simply a pile of shinny tin, brass, and wood?
Is that life?

Is life simply a cacophony of sounds travelling through endless time?
Is it?

Or 

Is life.
Yours and mine...,
 more?

Is it a divine opera?
An opera played out on a high mesa 

A stage suspended between heaven and hell.
Are we as Shakespear said simply actors?

Life,
 I believe, 
Is an opera played out before God.
Lived on a high mesa between heaven and hell.

We are but actors in a play.
Actors who write their own script.
Actors awaiting the final curtain call ushering us to eternity.

Are you ready for the final curtain?
Ready to go beyond the vail?
Are you?

What is the sum total of your life?
What?

What will “they” say about you as you pass on?
What will God say?
Where will you spend eternity?”

"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;  and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” 
                                                                                                                                   John 11:25,26
Jesus is saying to you,
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” 
                                                                                                                                           John 14:6
Please think about it.

No comments: