Saturday 5 May 2018

Do people see Christ in you?

Do people see Christ in you?
John’s gospel records this prayer of Jesus,
“My prayer is not for them alone. (Christ’s Apostles) I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” John 17:20,21.
If you claim to be a follower of Christ Jesus here’s something to consider. Jesus prayed for you. Look at the scripture above Jesus is quoted as saying,
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one,... ”
Jesus when he prayed was looking to the future. To all those who would believe in him through the words of the apostles. He prayed that all believers would be one. That, is you if you are a believer in Christ Jesus.
Jesus gives a reason for his prayer saying,
“...Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” 
Question does the world around you see Christ Jesus in you?
Francis of Assisi wrote,
“The deeds you do 
may be the only sermon some persons will hear today” 
                                                                        Francis of Assisi.
We as followers in Christ Jesus, should be preaching the Good news of Christ Jesus, at all times, in word and deed. The quote Francis again,
“Preach the Gospel at all times, 
and when necessary, use words.” 
                                          Francis of Assisi.
Are you preaching the gospel of Christ at all times?
Do people know you are a follower of Christ Jesus without you telling them or preaching a sermon?
If you are a follower of Christ Jesus people should know you are his follower without you saying a word.
Your life should at all times exhibit what the apostle Paul calls the fruit of the spirit. Paul writing,
“But the fruit of the Spirit is 
love, joy, peace, 
patience, kindness, goodness, 
faithfulness, gentleness 
and 
self-control. 
Against such things there is no law.” 
                                              Galatians 5:22,23.
Are these fruits evident in your life?
Please think about it.

No comments: