Thursday 17 May 2018

I Believe

I Believe
The Psalmist writes,
“I wait for the LORD, 
my soul waits,
 and in his word I put my hope.” 
                                          Psalm 130:5.
In my previous blog I quoted Voltaire as saying
To believe in God is impossible 
not to believe in Him is absurd.” 
                                             Voltaire.  
I do believe this. I believe God exists and that Jesus Christ is his one and only Son.
I believe the apostle John who wrote,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men....
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ” John 1:1-4,14.
I believe Jesus was their when the Universe and everything in it was created.
For me it is a purely faith thing. Although not a blind faith thing. You see the Psalmist tells us,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
Day after day they pour forth speech;
 night after night they display knowledge. 
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.” 
                                                                     Psalm 19:1-3.
As I look at it science done properly will point people to God the Creator of all things.
Science shows us there is an orderly universe. Every thing from the smallest subatomic particles to the largest galaxies are in perfect harmony to let life exist as we know it here on earth.
I cannot believe this came into being randomly.
For me God exists and no one can change my mind. I know it’s a faith thing but even if God does not exist having faith in Him does not hurt.
What is dangerous and can hurt is not believing God exists only to find when you pass into eternity God exists and you have not had the faith to believe in Him.
The writer of Hebrews tells us,
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, 
because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists 
and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” 
                                                                  Hebrews 11:6 
Please think about it.

No comments: