Friday 27 July 2018

Trust in the Lord

Trust in the Lord
The writer of Proverbs states,
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5,6.
Charles Spurgeon the great evangelist said,
“The Word of God will be to you a bulwark and a high tower, a castle of defence against the foe. Oh, see to it that the Word of God is in you, in your very soul, permeating your thoughts, and so operating upon your outward life, that all may know you to be a true Bible-Christian, for they perceive it in your words and deeds.” Charles H. Spurgeon
As believers in Christ we need to spend as much time as we can studying the scriptures. We need also to put what we learned from the scriptures into action.
It’s one thing to study the word of God its quite another to put what we learn from it into action in our daily lives.
When we do however people will notice. Francis of Assisi states,
“The deeds you do 
may be the only sermon some persons will hear today” 
                                                                     Francis of Assisi.
It can be hard at times to trust God and not lean on our own understanding. This is especially true if we are going through hard times. However it is when we are going through those hard times that we need God the most.
As believers in Christ we need to heed the words of the Psalmist who said,
“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 
He restores my soul. 
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
 You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” 
                                                                      Psalm 23
Question: Do you put all your trust in the Lord?
Please think about it.

No comments: