Wednesday 27 March 2019

Rest

Rest
Jesus said,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30.
We live in a fast paced world a world that can be cold. It is easy for people to be lost in the crowd. With all western society offers many people are still not satisfied. Suicide rates are on the rise. The result of many seeing no hope in our society.
Sadly as I wrote in a previous blog many churches are failing to present the hope to those around them that Christ offers.
That being said the hope that Christ offers is still there for anyone who is truly looking.
Jesus made it clear that if you believe in him. “You will find rest for your soul.” In Psalm 23 we read,
“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
 he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he restores my soul. 
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” 
                                                                      Psalm 23.
I think any true Christian will tell you that by making the Lord the Shepherd of their soul they have found rest for their soul despite going through hardships and personal loss.
The thing is you must be willing to believe there is a God who loves you. Who sent Jesus to pay the ultimate price for your soul. You must be willing to put your trust in Christ. Put your trust in God. Something that is hard for many individuals to do.
Still C. S. Lewis said,
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future
 to a known God.” 
                              C. S. Lewis.
One of my favourite quotes from Blaise Pascal is,
“Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.” Blaise Pascal.
Please think about it.

No comments: