Thursday 2 July 2020

A Christians job

A Christians job
The Psalmist writes,
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16.
For me when I read this portion of scripture it says to be God knows my DNA. God knows why I am the way I am. As a result only God has the right to judge me or any individual.
Over the years I’ve heard many people calling themselves Christians judging people saying such and such a person is not going to heaven for whatever reason.
Saying where a person will spend eternity is not the job of a Christian.
Tony Campolo the American evangelist said,
“We ought to get out of the judging business. We should leave it up to God to determine who belongs in one arena or another when it comes to eternity. What we are obligated to do is to tell people about Jesus, and that's what I do.” Tony Campolo.
Telling people about Jesus is what all who call themselves a Christian, a follower of Christ Jesus should be doing.
Jesus talking to his disciples, and through them to us said,
"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."Matthew 28:18-20.
We as believers in Christ Jesus are called to love the world around us. To show the unconditional love of God to all, family, friend, and foe.
As the American evangelist Billy Graham put it,
“It is the Holy Spirits Job to Convict, 
God's job to judge
 and my job to love.” 
                            Billy Graham.
If you consider yourself a Christian, a believer in Christ Jesus are you doing this?
Please think about it.

No comments: