Wednesday 1 July 2020

Peace Maker

Peace Maker
Jesus said,
“Blessed are the peacemakers, 
for they will be called sons of God.” 
                                                      Matthew 5:9.
If you claim to be a Christian. A follower of Christ Jesus you should also be a peacemaker.
As I write this the world is in turmoil. Every day terrorist groups are attacking and killing innocent men women and children. War is an every day reality for millions of people.
Even in the western democracies people are protesting against discrimination and hatred.
No government it seems in the history of man has been able to truly bring peace to the people it governs.
Bernard Baruch noted,
"No government has ever succeeded in making everyone equally happy.  Too many governments have succeeded in making everyone equally miserable." Bernard Baruch.
  Thus the call of Jesus to the world is,
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.
This is the message we as believers in Christ Jesus need to be bringing to the world.
So if you consider yourself a Christian, a believer in Christ Jesus is this the message you are bringing to the world?
Please think about it.

No comments: