Thursday 14 January 2021

Are you a new creation?

 Are you a new creation?

The apostle Paul writes,

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17.

If someone truly give their life to Christ I truly believe their life will change. The rate of change will vary from person to person but anyone who puts their trust wholly in God will inevitably change to exhibit the characteristics of God.

Those Characteristics called by the apostle Paul the fruit of the spirit being,

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”  Galatians 5:22,23.

That being said we are all human and slip from time to time.

The American evangelist, the late Billy Graham said,

“The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'” Billy Graham.

All true Christians I believe experience what Billy Graham is saying from time to time. All who truly believe in Christ Jesus will have to from time to time go to God with tears in our eyes and say ‘O God forgive me’ ‘help me.’

Upon hearing those prayers I truly believe that God will answer them and give strength and comfort to those who say them sincerely.

Thus my question to you dear reader; have you placed your trust in Christ Jesus? Are you a new creation?

Are you showing the fruit of the spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?

Please think about it.

No comments: