Monday 18 January 2021

F. A. I. T. H.?

 F. A. I. T. H.?

In the book of Mark we read 

“Then he (Jesus) called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Mark 8:34.

There was at one time a saying among Christians that went like this

F. A. I. T. H

Forsaking 

All             

I               

Take         

Him.        

If you consider yourself a Christian are you willing to give everything up to follow Jesus? That’s not to say Jesus will ask you to give up everything to follow him but He may.

Think about your life and all you have materially. Are you willing to give your material wealth to follow Christ?

Think, (especially if you live in the western democracies), think about your freedoms. Are you willing to give up your freedom to follow Christ? Are you willing to die for Christ?

These are big questions. Questions many Christians in the world have said yes to. 

Around the world today there are tens of thousands of Christians in prison, being attacked or socially excluded because they chose to follow Christ.

So I ask you if you live in North America or in the western democracies with all the freedoms we enjoy, would you be willing to give all of those freedoms up to follow Christ?

Please think about it.

No comments: