Saturday 8 January 2022

The Shepherd of your life

 The Shepherd of your life

The Psalmist writes,

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; 

may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." 

                                                                       Psalm 143:10.

The only way anyone can know how to do Gods will is to pray and study the Bible both alone and with a group.  Studying the word of God is the only way we can know Gods will for our lives. Not only that when we present the word of God we need to do so correctly. The apostle Paul admonishes Timothy to,

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15.

If you consider yourself a true believer in Christ Jesus is this what you are doing?

Psalm 23 states,

“The LORD is my shepherd, 

I shall not be in want. 

He makes me lie down in green pastures, 

he leads me beside quiet waters, 

he restores my soul. 

He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 

I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 

your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”

                                                                             Psalm 23.

So is God truly the Shepherd of your life?

Please think about it.

No comments: