Friday 15 December 2023

Have you kept the faith?

 Have you kept the faith?

The apostle Paul wrote,

“For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure.  

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:6-8.

The apostle Paul is writing here near the end of his life. He is about to be put to death by the Roman emperor Nero. Thus he looks back on all that he has done and states, he has fought the good fight, and kept the faith.

As a result he notes he will receive a crown of righteousness. That same crown that all who have served God and longed for Christ’s appearing.

Question... Will you receive a crown of righteousness for your faith in Christ?

Can you say “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”

Please think about it.

No comments: